Use the language button to translate user manual to
Dutch, Chinese, Francais, Deutsch, Italian, Japanese, Portugese, Spanish, Russian
ELECTROLYTIC DEHUMIDIFYING MEMBRANE ELEMENT
M-Series (all models)
- Please read this manual before using a dehumidifying element, and use it correctly
- The person that operates, manages and maintains the dehumidifying element must keep this manual
For Proper Usage
Connect 3V DC to the dehumidifying element. DO NOT reverse the polarity.
Reversing the polarity will reverse the direction of dehumidification and will quickly damage of the dehumidifying element.
Carefully check installation direction before fixing the element in position.
Ensure the correct direction of flow flow for the membrane. Installing in the opposite direction will reverse humidification and dehumidification resulting in an adverse effect on the contents in the container.
DO NOT expose the element directly to the weather.
Please cover the element with a cover or moisture-permeable sheet to prevet it from getting wet when using outdoors
DO NOT put pin or wire etc. into the dehumidifying element.
It may cause an electric shock and the element may be damaged or deteriorate.
DO NOT use silicone based sealing materials to make the container airtight.
They quickly degrade the performance of the dehumidifying elementant.
DO NOT use with rust inhibiters, insect repellants, VOCs or similar chemicals.
These may degrade the performance of the dehumidifying element
DO NOT attempt to disassemble, repair or modify the dehumidifying element.
It may cause an electric shock and damage or deteriorate the membrane performance
Make a moisture discharging hole and installation hole of the following dimentions on the container. insert thee gasket and attach the dehumidifying element to the container with the fixing screws.
|Installation drawing||M-2J1R installation||M-3M1R installation||M-3J1R installation||M-5J1R installation||M-7J1R installation||M-10J1R installation|
|Outline drawing||M-2J1R outline||M-3M1R outline||M-3J1R outline||M-5J1R outline||M-7J1R outline||M-10J1R outline|
Precautions for use of Dehumidifying Element
- Attach a protective cover as needed not to touch the dehumidifying / humidifying surface (the inside part which was surrounded in the frame around the element) of an element with a hand and an object.
- Confirm the dehumidifying / humidifying surface of an element not to get a wrong surface before installation. Attaching an element by mistake will adversely affect the things in the container.
- Keep strictly the following about power supply to an element.
(1) Do not reverse the polarity. Confirm a polarity indication of an element.
Getting a wrong polarity will reverse dehumidification and humidification, which may result in an adverse effect on the things in the container. It causes a chemical reaction in a porous electrode of cathode side and it causes the trouble of an element. (Attach a polarity indication LED on the outside if necessary.)
(2) A dehumidifying element usually has a big rush current when the power is turned on. Therefore, we recommend the following power supply.
(3) Use a dedicated power supply for each dehumidifying element. When multiple dehumidifying elements are connected in parallel, the trouble of one element may cause all other elements to be disabled.
Power supply specification M-2J1R M-2M1R M-3J1R M-5J1R M-7J1R M-10J1R Rated output voltage 3V DC 3V DC 3V DC 3V DC 3V DC 3V DC Rated output current 1.5A 2A 2A 3A 5A 10A Overcurrent protection Required Required Required Required Required Required Overvoltage protection Required Required Required Required Required Required Output voltage variation 0.1V or less 0.1V or less 0.1V or less 0.1V or less 0.1V or less 0.1V or less Ripple noise 0.2V or less 0.2V or less 0.2V or less 0.2V or less 0.2V or less 0.2V or less
You cannot use the power supply of the Hiccup mode because the voltage more than 2V is necessary for an element when an overcurrent protection function worked. Also an element may not work correctly depending on a characteristicof fold-back current limiting.
- Attach an element in the center of the inner side surface of a container with a packing while keeping the airtightness of a container. (Do not attach it on a top or bottom surface.)
- A container must be an airtightness container. If a container has low airtightness and moisture-
permeable material, the results may not be what you expected.
- Do not use silicon-based sealing materials to improve the airtightness of the container. (Silicon-based sealing materials generate oxime gas and siloxane gas during hardening. As a result, performance of the dehumidifying element decreases in a short term.)
[Recommended products] : modified silicon caulk (Konishi) or acrylic caulk (Konishi)
Modified silicon caulk is mainly composed of polyurethane.
- Do not expose the moisture discharging hole to water. When using outdoors, attach a rainproof cover with anti-insect net (perforated metal) to protect an element from water or insects.
- Keep a moisture discharging hole a good state of the ventilation.
- Do not use an element with vapor phase corrosion inhibitor or insect repellent. Do not use an element
in a place having high density of organic gas.
- If you use an element with a rubber packing or a similar material that contains an antioxidant, crystal
materials may occur on the surface of an element. When you choose a packing, evaluate it enough.
- Attach a moisture-permeable sheet to an element to protect it in the place with much dust or oil mists. [Recommended products] : Vent Filter TEMISH S-NTF2131A-S06 (Nitto)
- Do not do remodeling. An element may break down.
- When you prepare a packing, we recommend a sponge packing having closed-cell structure
(hardness : lower than 10) of the EPT rubber (ethylene propylene rubber). When you use a high
hardness packing, there may be a gap between an element installation plate and packing. If there is a
gap, the ability of this dehumidifying element may not be shown enough. Please evaluate it carefully.
In addition, If you use a silicon rubber, you need to treat a packing with heat (150 deg C / 11 hours) not to quickly degrade the performance of the dehumidifying element.
Note : The silicon packing using for this element (parts of the element module) is treated with heat. (conditions : 150 deg C / 11 hours)
|Power supply specification||M-2J1R||M-2M1R||M-3J1R||M-5J1R||M-7J1R||M-10J1R|
|Rated output voltage||3V DC||3V DC||3V DC||3V DC||3V DC||3V DC|
|Rated output current||1.5A||2A||2A||3A||5A||10A|
|Output voltage variation||0.1V or less||0.1V or less||0.1V or less||0.1V or less||0.1V or less||0.1V or less|
|Ripple noise||0.2V or less||0.2V or less||0.2V or less||0.2V or less||0.2V or less||0.2V or less|
Confirmation Items before Using
Please confirm the following items before turning on the power
- It the power supply 3V DC?
- Is the polarity of the element correct
- Will the dehumidifier remain dry?
- Please supply DC3V to a dehumidifying element
- Please adjust a supply voltage in the range of DC2.95 – 05V between each terminals after 15-20 minutes turning on the power at the first time of installation. (The dehumidifying element usually causes a relatively big rush current when the power is turned on. but this is not abnormal.)
- When it is used electric wires with connecting terminal, please connect a black electric wire to (-) of the dehumidification element connecting terminal, a red electric wire to (+) of the dehumidification element connecting terminal